Saturday, May 5, 2012

Relating

Right now I'm training for the Lake Placid Marathon on June 10th. I ran 18 miles yesterday! I think I am at my best emotionally, mentally, and physically when I am training for marathons. Something about those long runs...

It's my 5th marathon, but the exciting part is that I am running it with my sister and it's her 1st. It's great training with a friend. I highly recommend it! "2 girls on the run" is much better than 1! AT LAST, someone to talk "running" with! Mileage, routes, hydration, CamelBaks, "GU" consumption, sore muscles... All the "exciting" stuff no one else cares about but that I spend hours thinking about!

By the way, I'm really proud of my sister. She's a new mom who, despite the time involved in doing an amazing job (along with her loving husband) of raising her daughter, decided to just go for it, to run a marathon. Before these past few months she had not run more that 6 miles at a time and now she is up to 16. We found ourselves giggling about her reference to her 8 mile run yesterday as an "easy jog." Four months ago 8 miles was a goal to be reached.

There are many people who have said to me "I could never run a marathon." I think what most really means is "You're crazy! I have no interest in something so ridiculous!" But to those who have an interest I say...stop thinking about it and go for it! There is a way!

Thanks for reading!
rcf








No comments:

Post a Comment